Getting a Police Clearance Certificate in Dominica involves getting a document stating that the applicant has no criminal record. They have never been convicted of a crime. Persons in Dominica can go to the Criminal Investigation Department Headquarters for this certification. You will find this document necessary when persons apply for immigration status, government employment, and legal or custody battles.
To qualify for this certification, you would need to be living in Dominica for six months or more. Proof of this will needs to be provided by a means accepted by the Criminal Investigation Department Headquarters.
You will also need to one:
- To fill out your personal details on the application page.
- You also need to write a disclosure request to the Criminal Investigation Department Headquarters in Dominica. You are giving them permission to investigate and carry out their research.
- The certificate is only issued by the department when they present a dependent pass or current work permit.
- You will need to take your fingerprints. This should be done by a qualified fingerprint official, with the stamp of the organization attached.
- The certificate, once ready, will be sent to the forwarding address that you state on the application. This can be done even if you are overseas. You would, however, need to cover the cost of shipping for the document.
Now that you know that what the process looks like, here is a list of the documents you will need:
- A signed and fully completed application form to be presented to the Dominica criminal investigation department.
- Two recent passport size pictures on a white background were taken no later than six months back.
- A copy of the first three pages in your passport with your photo clearly shows personal information, including the expiry date, nationality, and signature.
- Copy documents of relevant immigration and government authorization that show the need for the certification.
- Two proofs of your present address, for this you can get letters showing your address and name dated back at least six months.
- Processing fee and an application fee.
How long will it take to get the police certification?
The entire process takes approximately one month. If there is evidence that the police has ever arrested or charged the person, the process will take longer.
The address for contact is:
Criminal Investigation Department