Applying for a Police Certificate of Character in Barbados
Barbados has made it easier for a person to obtain a police certificate of character. This certificate is sometimes referred…
Barbados has made it easier for a person to obtain a police certificate of character. This certificate is sometimes referred to as a police record in other countries.
If you are a citizen or a resident of Barbados, we will show you in this article oh you can obtain a police certificate of character.
- The first thing you would need to do is visit the government website at www.gov.bb.
- You will need to look on the page for an application for a police certificate of character.
- Once this is found, you will need to click on the apply now tab. There you can complete the application process.
Once you have completed the application, you then select your payment method. This payment can be made utilizing ezpay payment services or utilizing the post office. You will then need to visit the police station to have your fingerprint taken along with:
- A valid photo ID
- Payment receipt
- A photograph
- Printed application form
- Passport if your certificate is needed for overseas purposes.
Applying in person:
Suppose you are not an online person and choose to complete the Police certification in person. You can obtain an application form from the Certificate of Character Office: Sugar Cane Mall, Roebuck Street Bridgetown, St. Michael.
- You will need to provide a copy of your fingerprints. Your fingerprints are to be taken at the police station so official stamps can be added.
- You must also provide a copy of the information page in your passport. This copy must be certified if the original can not be seen by the office verifying your documents.
- The applicant must also provide a photograph of themself for verification purposes.
Applying from Overseas:
Yes, you can get a police record even if you are overseas, as you would only need a reputable institution or your nearest police station to take your fingerprint to send back home.
Necessary documents such as passport page copies should be notarized before being sent to ensure a smooth transaction. The official’s name and rank that took your fingerprint should also be stated on the fingerprint slip.
You should ensure you provide accurate information about how you can be contacted in case of an emergency or any delays in your processing.
How much does it cost to get a Police record in Barbados?
This certificate’s cost is approximately twenty $(20) Barbados dollars, and if you are using another currency, you may find the equivalent amount. You may also provide money orders and postal orders equal to this amount. The cost for local processing and the overseas process is the same.
In the event you are overseas, and the application results will need to be sent to you. The cost of postage should also be included.
How long is my Police Certificate of Character valid for?
Your Police record will be valid for up to six months from the date of receipt payment; for both local and overseas processing.